This is very different tomato sandwich in which no bread or bun is used, the whole stuffing is sandwiched between green tomatoes. The stuffing is made of cream cheese you can also add more flavors of your own choice. Learn more tomato recipes, refer to the book 100 Greatest Recipes : Tomato having lots of tomato recipes of soups, salads and main course from all around the world.
4 large green tomatoes
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 Cup fresh parsley (chopped)
1 1/2 tspn fresh basil (chopped)
1 garlic clove (chopped)
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 Cup all purpose flour
1 Cup bread crumbs
1 tbspn milk
3 tbspn butter
3 tblspn olive oil
1. Make thick slices of tomatoes and place them on paper towel so that all the excess water of tomato would drain out and slices become dry.
2. Now in a mixing bowl, mic cream cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper to make smooth thick paste.
3. After that spread cream cheese mixture onto one of the tomato slice and then cover with another tomato slices. Similarly make rest of the tomato sandwiches.
4. In a bowl, whisk milk and egg.
5. Now at first dip tomato sandwiches into the egg mixtures, then dust each sandwich with flour and then coat bread crumbs.
6. In a frying pan, heat butter and oil to moderate temperature and fry tomato sandwiches for just 4-5 minutes until become golden brown in color.
This food looks great! And it’s different from the “basic” snacks and it seems to be simple to make. Thank you for this recipe and the others (I have seen several very intesting ones!).