Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 24-30 rangoons
These Cream Cheese Rangooons are nothing but baked wontons stuffed with cream cheese and vegetables. These are very healthy and delicious and can be served as appetizer. You can also add some cooked chicken in the filling to make this recipe more tasty.
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 small carrot (minced)
1 tsp fresh parsley (chopped)
Pinch of salt
1 stalk green onion (chopped)
1 tsp crushed black pepper
24 wonton wrappers
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Add few tablespoon of milk if mixture looks very dense.
2. Add vegetables including onion, carrot and parsley and mix them well.
3. Now place 1 teaspoon of prepared cream cheese mixture into the center of a wonton wrapper, apply beaten egg at the outer edges and bring all the edges together at the center to seal the filling. Similarly prepare rest of the wontons.
4. Place these rangoons at the greased cookie sheet and grease the top with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 mins. until become golden brown and crisp from top.
6. Serve the hot bakes Cream Cheese Rangoons with ketchup.
photo source : 1