Preparation time: 30 mins. | Serves 24-30 rangoons
These Cream Cheese Rangooons are nothing but baked wontons stuffed with cream cheese and vegetables. These are very healthy and delicious and can be served as appetizers. You can also add some cooked chicken to the filling to make this recipe tastier.
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 small carrot (minced)
1 tsp fresh parsley (chopped)
Pinch of salt
1 stalk green onion (chopped)
1 tsp crushed black pepper
24 wonton wrappers
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add a few tablespoons of milk if the mixture looks very dense.
2. Add vegetables including onion, carrot, and parsley, and mix them well.
3. Now place 1 teaspoon of prepared cream cheese mixture into the center of a wonton wrapper, apply the beaten egg at the outer edges, and bring all the edges together at the center to seal the filling. Similarly, prepare the rest of the wontons.
4. Place these rangoons on the greased cookie sheet and grease the top with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 mins. until becomes golden brown and crisp from the top.
6. Serve the hot bakes Cream Cheese Rangoons with ketchup.
photo source : 1