Preparation time: 50 mins. | Serves around 2 dozen
This Duchess Potatoes Recipe is one yummy mashed potato recipe. The ingredients are simple and easy to prepare, the only time consumes is boiling potatoes and beating them with other ingredients. You can also place the potato mixture using a spoon onto the sheet which yields a cookie-like texture.
4 lb large red potatoes (peeled and cut into 4 pieces)
6 tbsp unsalted butter (cubed)
1¼ cup milk
3 large egg yolks
1 chicken bouillon cube
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Take a saucepan filled with salted water, add potatoes to the salted water, and bring to a boil over medium heat,
2. After 15-20 mins. when potatoes get tender, remove the pan from the heat and drain all the water.
3. Mash the potatoes using a ricer or food mill.
4. Add milk to the mashed potatoes and beat using a mixer, then add yolks chicken bouillon cube, salt, and pepper and beat again to make a creamy smooth batter.
5. Transfer the potato mixture into the piping bag and pipe out small mounds of batter onto the parchment paper placed over the baking sheet. Sprinkle some chopped parsley.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for just 12-15 mins. until light golden from the top.
7. Serve the warm creamy Duchess Potatoes immediately.
photo source : 1