Preparation time: 30 mins. (approx.) | Serves around 2 dozen bites
This Fried Mac And Cheese Bites Recipe is a modified form of typical Mac and cheese. You can use this recipe with leftover Mac n Cheese also, however, to make it from scratch following the instructions given below.
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1½ cup milk
2 cups boiled macaroni
200 grams of grated cheddar cheese
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp green chilies (minced)
½ tsp freshly grated black pepper
2 egg whites
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup flour
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook over medium heat until become fragrant.
2. Now slowly add milk and stir continuously so that a smooth batter would form. Cook the mixture until it starts to thick.
3. Add macaroni and stir well in the batter, then add green chilies, black pepper, and salt. Cook the mixture until it becomes thicker and denser.
4. Remove the pan from heat, and cool it for 5 mins. then keep it freezer for 10 mins.
5. Now start making small balls by using 1 tbsp of mixture, dust these balls first in flour then dip in egg whites, and in the end coat with breadcrumbs.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan, add the prepared balls in batches and fry over medium-high heat for just 3-5 mins. or until becomes golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve the hot-fried Mac and cheese bites with ketchup.
photo source : 1