Preparation time: 15 mins. | Serves 16 bars
This Homemade Almond Roca is a wonderful winter treat, which can be served as the best Christmas gift. It is very easy to prepare at home; you just need to make caramel sauce using brown sugar and butter and top it with melted chocolate. The only time it takes is refrigeration, whereas the procedure is very simple.
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped almonds
2 ¼ cups light brown sugar
2 cup butter (softened)
3 ¼ cups milk chocolate chips
1. Take a cookie sheet, line it with a parchment sheet, and spread half of the almonds on it.
2. In a saucepan, cook together butter and sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously so that sugar would not stick to the bottom, it is better to insert a thermometer in the pan so that you can get the perfect caramel sauce. The desired temperature is 290 degrees F but when the temperature proceeds after 280 you need to stir and watch the sauce carefully to avoid burning the sugar.
3. When the sauce is ready, pour it onto the almonds and let it stand as it is.
4. Now melt chocolate chips in the microwave or over the double boiler, and add 1 tbsp of butter to the chocolate to give it a shiny smooth texture.
5. Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel layer and make it even using a rubber spatula. Sprinkle remaining almonds on top and refrigerate for a few hours to make it hard.
6. When the top becomes hard, cut it into bars using a sharp knife and serve it with ice cream or use to serve it as a Christmas gift.
photo source : 1