Preparation time : 15 mins. | Serves 16 bars
This Homemade Almond Roca is a wonderful winter treat, which can be served as the best Christmas gift. It is very easy to prepare at home; you just need to make caramel sauce using brown sugar and butter and top with melted chocolate. The only time it takes in refrigeration, whereas the procedure is very simple.
1 ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds
2 ¼ cup light brown sugar
2 cup butter (softened)
3 ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
1. Take a cookie sheet, line it with parchment sheet and spread half of the almonds on it.
2. In a saucepan, cook together butter and sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously so that sugar would not stick to the bottom, it is better to insert a thermometer in the pan so that you can get the perfect caramel sauce. The desired temperature is 290 degrees F but when temperature proceeds after 280 you need to stir and watch the sauce carefully to avoid burning the sugar.
3. When the sauce is ready, pour it onto the almonds and let it stand as it is.
4. Now melt chocolate chips in microwave or over the double boiler, add 1 tbsp of butter in the chocolate to give it shiny smooth texture.
5. Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel layer and make it even using rubber spatula. Sprinkle remaining almonds on top and refrigerate for few hours to make it hard.
6. When the top becomes hard, cut it into bars using sharp knife and serve with ice cream or use to serve it as Christmas gift.
photo source : 1