These Pecan Tassies are very delicious and easy to prepare pecan tarts. The speciality of these tassies is its soft crispy tart which is prepared with cream cheese, butter and flour and thus has salty butter flavor which then combine with little bit sweet pecan stuffing gives excellent taste.
½ cup butter (softened)
3 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 cup flour
2 tbsp butter (melted)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1. To prepare crust, cream together butter and cream cheese.
2. Add flour to make soft and smooth dough and then refrigerate for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile prepare filling by mixing together, melted butter, beaten egg, pecan, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Take a small cup size cupcake pan, grease it well. Make 24 equal size round balls of dough and then place each dough into each cup of pan. Smash the balls according to the size of cup.
5. Put 1-2 tbsp of prepared pecan filling into each cup make sure that filling would not be higher than pastry.
6. Place the muffin pan in preheated oven for 15-20 mins. at 350 degrees F.
7. When Pecan Tassies are done take them out from oven, loosen the edges using knife to easily remove from the pan and then cool them to room temperature or you may serve it after chilling them little bit.
photo source : 1