Preparation time : 60 min. | Serves 6-8 croquettes
These potato croquettes are prepared with some cheesy flavors along with potatoes just like Llapingachos. If you feel the mixture is too much sticky you may add crumbs or flour to the mixture so that you can easily give shape to the croquettes. Serve it with any dip you like.
2 lb potatoes
3 egg yolks (beaten reserve egg whites for coating)
4 tbsp grated Pecorino cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella
2 cloves garlic (minced)
3 tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
½ tsp kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
4 cup fine bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Medium boil the potatoes for 25-30 min.
2. Remove skin form the potatoes and then put into a food processor after cutting into large pieces.
3. Add egg yolks to the potatoes and then process until become blend well.
4. Now add remaining ingredients including Pecorino, mozzarella, garlic and parsley and mix in processor for just few seconds.
5. Add seasoning of salt and pepper to taste and mix well using hands. Put the mixture in fridge for 20 min so that easily give shapes to the croquettes.
6. After that make egg shape croquettes of 2”‘long and 1-1.5” thick. Dip each croquette in egg whites and then coat in bread crumbs.
7. Heat oil in a pan and fry croquettes in batches until become light golden brown in color.
photo source : 1