Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves 6 Puffs
This vegetable puff recipe is simple and easy to prepare at home. Only few spices and veggies are used for stuffing which are easily available at home. However, if you want to make the stuffing rich and creamy then you can use Vol Au Vent stuffing as well which is a nice combination of cheese, chicken and vegetables.
250 gm puff pastry roll
1 large boiled potato (coarsely mashed)
1 medium size onion (sliced)
1/2 cup cabbage (finley chopped)
5-6 green Chilies (chopped)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp crushed red chili
2 tbsp butter
1. Heat butter in pan, add cabbage, onion an green chilies and cook for 2-3 mins on high flame.
2. After that add salt, pepper and red chili and stir well.
3. After 3-4 mins when water released from veggies starts to dry add mashed potato and mix well and remove pan from heat.
4. Take a pastry dough and roll it to form a thin square sheet of 12 in. size.
5. Divide it into six strips of 2 in. width. Take a piece of strip and put 1-2 tbsp of prepared vegetable onto the strip and start rolling form one side to other. Seal the corner of roll by coating egg at the corner and brush the top side of roll with egg.
6. Similarly prepare rest of the rolls and then place them on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 mins at 350 degrees F.
7. When the puff starts to become golden brown from top take them out from oven and serve hot with tea.
photo source : 1