This french onion soup recipe is from french cuisine, this soup is prepared by various method and yield different taste. In this recipe roasted onions and garlic are used to prepare the soup which results in excellent aroma and flavor.
5 cup onions (sliced)
3 cloves garlic
4 cup chicken stock
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
4 bread slices
1 cup cheese (grated)
Parsley as required
Pepper (crushed) as required
3 oz butter
Salt to taste
1. Wrap onions and garlic in aluminum foil and then roast in oven for 20 mins. at 350 degrees F.
2. After that heat butter in pan and add the roasted onion and garlic to the melted butter and saute for 1-2 mins.
3. When onion and garlic become completely soft and tender add stock, vinegar, salt and nutmeg and simmer for 15 mins.
4. Meanwhile cut each bread slice in small cubes of 1 inc. size and then toast in oven until become brown.
5. When the soup starts bubbling, cool it to room temperature and then blend it to give smooth texture to soup.
6. After that take out the soup in serving bowl and garnish with some crushed pepper, cheddar cheese, roasted bread pieces and parsley.
photo source : 1