Preparation time : 90 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This garlic soup recipe is mainly prepared by roasted garlic and stewed tomatoes hence its more looks like tomato soup but garlic flavor dominates in taste. Parmesan cheese is used as topping to increase its taste, you may also add cream while serving instead of adding it while cooking.
3 bunch of garlic (separate cloves)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
3 medium onions (sliced)
1 cup stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
3 1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Marinate garlic cloves with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place these cloves in bakign dish, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 mins until garlic become tender and soft.
4. After that cool roasted garlic to room temperature and then remove skins
5. Now take a large sauce pan, heat butter and add onion and thyme and cook for 3-4 mins until onions become soft.
6. Add roasted garlic, chicken stock and stewed tomatoes and simmer for 20-30 mins.
7. When all the ingredients mix together then make puree of the sauce in blender.
8. Again pour the blended soup in sauce pan and add cream with salt and pepper and cook on low heat for just 4-5 mins.
9. Now take out the soup in serving bowl and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
photo source : 1