This turkey bean chili belongs to Mexican cuisine in which different types of beans are used with ground turkey and is then spiced with hot chili flavor which enhances its taste. You can adjust the flavor of chilies according to your taste.
1 cup chicken broth
2 cup kidney beans (rinsed)
2 cup refried beans
1 ¼ lb lean ground turkey
1 tbsp chili powder
Salt and Black pepper to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 oz fire roasted diced chiles
2 cup black beans (rinsed)
4 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
Low fat sour cream, grated cheese and tortilla chips for topping
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook for 2-3 mins. till become pink in color.
2. Then add salt and pepper, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook for 3-5 mins.
3. Add ground turkey and cook till become brown in color. Stir and breaking the turkey constantly while cooking.
4. Now add tomatoes, beans, chili and broth and let it boil, then reduce the heat to simmer till become thick gravy.
5. After that pour the turkey bean chili into the serving bowl and top with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.
photo source : 1