Preparation time: 60 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This Cabbage Steak Recipe is a unique vegetable dish. It is a healthy vegetable steak prepared with roasted cabbage slices. This steak is usually prepared with garlic flavor but in this recipe, butter and dill are also used to enhance the flavor.
2 lb head of organic green cabbage (cut into 1″ thick slices)
2 tbsp butter (melted)
3-4 cloves garlic (smashed)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp fresh dill (chopped)
1. Rub the cabbage slices on both sides with smashed garlic cloves.
2. Apply butter using a brush on both sides, so that each slice becomes greasy from every side.
3. Place the buttered slices of cabbage onto the greased baking tray. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and fresh dill on top.
4. Place the tray in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 30 mins. Then carefully turn the side and roast again for further 20-30 mins. until edges and top are brown and crispy.
5. Serve the hot crispy cabbage steak with your favorite meal.