Preparation time : 50 mins | Serves 8-10 persons
This is an easy recipe of zucchini casserole. You can make zucchini lasagna by adding lasagna strips to this casserole recipe or you can make it like eggplant parmigiana in which only tomato sauce and cheese are used alongwith eggplant.
3 large zucchini (peel and make wedges)
1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
16 oz shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
1 cup cream of celery soup
2 eggs (beaten)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp sugar
3 cup bread crumbs
100 gm margarine (melted)
1. Boil zucchini and onions in salted water until become soft, it would take 8-10 mins.
2. After that drain all water from boiled zucchini and onions.
3. Now add cheese, cream of celery soup, eggs, mayonnaise and sugar and mix well so that all the ingredients coat well onto the zucchini and onions.
4. In another platter combine margarine and bread crumbs
5. Now make layers of zucchini mixture and crumbs one by one. You can make layers according to the depth of baking pan. Place the baking dish in pre-heated oven for 30 mins at 350°F until the top layer turn into light golden color.