This cream puffs recipe is prepared int he same way as Eclair is prepared except there is a slight difference in puff preparation and stuffing. You can make variations in the stuffing by adding some nuts or crunch to make it more delicious.
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant French vanilla pudding mix
1 cup whipped topping
1 (12 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Sauce for topping
1. To prepare puffs, boil water in a saucepan along with butter, then add flour and salt and mix it well using wooden spatula until flour mixes well with the water, loosen the sides of pan and form a smooth ball then remove the pan from heat and cool it to room temperature.
2. After that add eggs one by one and beat the flour mixture at medium speed until the batter become smooth and shiny.
3. Now using tablespoon drop the batter one by one over the greased cookie sheet or any baking pan keeping 2-inch distance between each puff batter. Place the cookie sheet in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20-25 min until become golden brown.
4. When the puffs are ready take it out from oven and immediately make a slit into each puff for steam to escape and cool it to room temperature.
5. To prepare stuffing in a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix at low speed
for 2 just min. then refrigerate for 5 min. and fold in whipped cream.
6. Fill cream puffs with prepares stuffing just before serving and drizzle some chocolate sauce on top of each puff.
photo source : 1