Preparation time: 20 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake is prepared with chocolate sponge, vanilla ice cream, cream cheese, and coffee flavors. The combination of these delicious ingredients makes the ice cream cake so tempting and tasty that nobody would hardly resist eating it.
1 medium chocolate sponge cake (sliced)
1 ltr vanilla ice cream
3 tbsp coffee powder
½ cup cream cheese
½ cup hung curd
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Take half of the cake slices and spread them onto the base of the 8-inch springform pan.
2. Dissolve 2 tbsp of coffee in ½ cup water and then sprinkle half of the coffee mixture onto the cake slices in the pan.
3. Take a mixing bowl and combine vanilla ice cream, cream cheese, and hung curd and make it smooth.
4. Spread half of this mixture onto the cake slices and make it even using a spatula.
5. Now spread the remaining cake slices and sprinkle half of the coffee mixture onto the slices.
6. In the remaining ice cream batter add the rest of the coffee powder and mix well.
7. Spread this mixture onto the cake slices and make it even using a spatula.
8. Using a sieve sprinkle the cocoa powder onto the top of the ice cream layer then place the pan in the refrigerator for 3-4 hrs. or until it sets nicely.
What is “HUNG CURD? I’m 73 years old and have been cooking for most of those years, but have NEVER heard of anything like this!
Hung Curd is nothing but dried yogurt. You can extract the Hung Curd from the yogurt by putting the yogurt in a muslin or soft cloth and then hang it for 2-4 hours until all its water drain and the only curd is left.
I think now you will get what Hung Curd is 🙂