Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 2 dozen sticks
These garlic breadsticks are slightly different from the typical garlic bread. To prepare good breadsticks, it is better to prepare the dough using mixer so that dough knead properly and every ingredient mix well and the breadsticks would become soft and crispy form top.
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 ½ cup warm water
1 tsp salt
2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 cup wheat flour
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil (crushed)
2 tbsp margarine (softened)
1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Dissolve yeast and sugar in water and set aside for 5 min.
3. Beat egg with salt just to mix egg white and yolk together, then combine yeast mixture and beaten egg using whisk.
4. Now gradually add flour to the mixture and make soft smooth dough, you can use dough mixer to knead the dough otherwise you will need to make more effort to knead the dough.
5. Now make spread dough in lengthwise like rope and divide it into 20-24 pieces, make sure every piece should be 1 inch thick.
5. After that prepare topping for the breadsticks, for that mix all the ingredients mentioned for topping and brush each stick with the prepared topping form every side.
6. Place the sticks in baking tray and bake for 10-12 min in preheated oven until become light golden from top.
photo source : 1