Preparation time : 60 mins | Serves 8 persons
This bread butter pudding is specially prepared for Christmas as panettone bread is used in this recipe but you may also used another bread. Panettone bread enhances its flavor and when whipped cream is used as topping then this would become a wonderful delight for a party.
1/2 cup golden raisins
100 gm unsalted butter (softened)
1 lb panettone bread (make thick slices)
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs (beaten)
1 cups milk
1 cup cream
2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 350 degree F.
2. At first soak raisins in hot water for at least 15 mins. or until become soft, then drain out all the water after cleaning the raisins.
3. Now coat butter both sides on every slice of panettone and then toast them on a saute pan until become golden brown in color.
4. After that combine rest of the ingredients including sugar, eggs, milk, cream and vanilla extract to make a smooth mixture.
5. Take a greased baking dish and spread small pieces of panettone bread on the dish, then spread raisins on the panettone pieces and in the end pour the egg mixture onto the raisins. Leave the baking dish as it is for 30 mins.and then place in oven for 40 mins.
Serve the yummy panettone bread butter pudding after chilled in fridge for at least an hour.