Preparation time : 50 min. | Serves 12-16 bars
This delicious walnut bars recipe is prepared in three layers; crust, walnut coconut filling and cream cheese topping hence become rich and tempting dessert for any party.
½ lb butter
½ cup sugar
2 cup flour
½ cup cornstarch
1 pkg brown sugar
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 lb walnuts
1 cup coconut
4 tbsp flour
1 cube butter
1 pkg powdered sugar
8 oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. To prepare crust, cream together butter and sugar.
2. Sift together flour and cornstarch and then add it to the cutter mixture.
3. When smooth soft dough like texture is formed then press it at the base of a greased square baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 min at 300 degrees F.
5. Meanwhile prepare filling by beating egg and brown sugar together.
6. Then add flour, baking powder and vanilla and then fold with walnuts and coconut.
7. Pour it over the prepared crust and bake again for 25 min. After that increase the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for further 5 min.
8. Make frosting by cream together ingredients mentioned for frosting. When walnuts pie is baked properly then cool it on wire rack and then cut into squares.
9. Serve the walnut bars with topping of prepared cream cheese frosting.
photo source : 1