This Aam Panna Recipe is taken from Indian cuisine where it is most popular summer drink. The recipe is quite different as it uses some green chilies, mint and traditional sour spice powder along with sugar. The taste would become great if you use black salt and jaggery.
2 large raw mango
500 ml water or as required
1 thin fresh green chili or to taste
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
6 tbsp sugar or to taste (you may also add equivalent amount of jaggery)
2 tsp chaat masala
½ tsp roasted cumin powder
¼ tsp black salt or normal salt to taste
1. Make a smooth paste of green chilli and mint using little amount of water and set it aside.
2. Roast raw mangoes on an skillet by covering the pan so that they get tender in steam for about 15-20 mins. and don’t forget to turn the sides time to time. You may also roast in oven by wrapping in foil paper.
3. When the mangoes get tender completely, take the skin off and take out all the pulp.
4. Put the pulp in blender along with all the seasoning and green paste and blend well.
5. Now put the blended mixture into the saucepan and add water. Cook the mixture over medium heat till the mixture boils and foam appear on the surface disappear. You will have to stir occasionally to avoid dripping out the mixture from pan.
7. After that take out the mixture into the jug and chill it for hours. Then take it out into the glasses along with addition of some more chilled water to make it slightly thin and then serve.
photo source : 1