This spiced tea recipe is generally called Kashmiri Chai in Paskistani cuisine and is very much popular there. It can be prepared in two flavors either sweet or salty with the same method. the key to prepare best kashmiri tea is to cook it for long time for instance if you want it to have it in morning then it is better to cook it over night which would result in excellent flavor.
1 kg water (6 large cups)
3 tsp green tea leaves
2 star nuts
6 green cardamoms
500 gm milk
Finely chopped pistachio and almonds
1. Put star nuts, green cardamoms and tea leaves in water in a deep sauce pan and let it boil on high flame.
2. After the tea starts boiling reduce the flame to medium and let it cook for at least an hour until the water reduce to two third.
3. After that add same amount of cold water which is being reduced (i.e, one third amount of cold water) and let it cook again for 15 mins. on medium heat until boiling point.
4. After that strain tea water only using strainer and the add milk to the tea, stir the tea continuously using ladle for 10-15 mins. more so that the color starts to turn into pink.
5. After that add sugar and cook it for further 15 mins. and then serve it as hot. Sprinkle finely chopped almonds and pistachio on top of the tea.