This recipe for cheese souffle is a basic cheese souffle having no extra flavor like herbs and veggies. But you can add it according to your taste. Herbs can be added at the topping before baking and veggies can be added while preparing white sauce. You can serve this souffle with Parmesan sauce.
1½ cup milk
1 bay leaf
2 garlic cloves
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 oz butter
2 tbsp flour
6 eggs (separated)
2 tbsp mustard
12 oz cheddar cheese (grated)
Parmesan sauce for serving
1. Boil milk with cloves, bay leaf, onion and garlic.
2. Then remove pan from heat and let it cool to room temperature by covering it so that all aroma of ingredients remains inside.
3. After that strain milk and discard all the other whole ingredients. Add in seasoning of salt and pepper to the milk and mix well.
4. Now melt butter in a pan and saute flour in butter until pleasant smell starts to come then, remove from heat
5. Add in milk slowly to the flour and whisk constantly to avoid forming lumps.
6. When flour mixes well in milk then boil and simmer until the mixture gets thick. Then remove it from heat and allow to cool.
7. Beat yolks till thick and egg whites till stiff peaks are formed. Add beaten yolks to the prepared sauce and mix well along with mustard and 11 oz cheese.
8. Now fold the egg whites in the sauce gradually so that air would not escape out from the egg whites.
9. Take a greased soufflé mold and pour the whole mixture in it, sprinkle remaining cheese at the top and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 mins.
photo source : 1