Preparation time : 60 min. + Freezing time | Serves 8-10 kulfi
This kulfi recipe is one of the favorite Indian ice cream which is very much popular in summer season. Its taste is delicious and is entirely different from typical ice cream. Its original recipe include khoya in place of full cream powder which added major taste in the kulfi but those who don’t have khoya can make this with full cream powder as well. You may also add different flavors to this kulfi like pistachio only, mango, etc.
1 ltr milk
1 cup sugar or to taste
1 cup full cream powder milk
2 bread slices
1 cup cream
½ cup slivered almonds and pistachio
1. Cook milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it gets slightly thick and remain ¾ ltrs. It would take 20-30 min.
2. Add in sugar and cook again for at least 15 mins.
3. Now dissolve powder milk in just ½ cup of cold milk to make it dilute and then add it to the milk mixture along with two bread slices. Cook it for about 4-5 mins. the mixture would become thick.
4. Remove the pan from heat and cool it to room temperature, then mix with cream, almond and pistachio. Kulfi mixture is ready.
5. Blend the whole milk mixture in blender till become smooth then pour into the molds. Make sure that mold will remain ¼ empty.
6. Now freeze the mold filled with kulfi mixture for at least 3-4 hrs so that it gets firm nicely. After that place the molds in tap water for just few seconds, then take it out into the bowl for serving.
photo source : 1