This almond cake recipe is prepared in slightly different fashion despite of other flavored cakes. In this recipe ricotta cheese is used which brings difference in the taste and is the replacement of khoya (known milk product in South Asia) but can also be prepared with ricotta cheese and full cream powder milk.
50 gm whole slivered almonds (slit from centre)
100 gm almonds (coarsely ground)
2 oz butter
5 oz sugar
½ cup ricotta cheese or full cream powder milk or khoya
¼ tsp almonds essence
4 oz Flour
1½ tsp baking powder
2 oz almonds ground
1. Sieve together flour, baking powder and ground almonds.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 6 oz butter and sugar.
3. Add in two eggs one by one and beat after each addition.
4. Now add half of the flour mixture and mix well at low speed, then add ricotta cheese or else and mix it well again.
5. In the end add the third egg and beat well again and then fold with remaining flour mixture.
6. Take a 9-inch round baking pan, grease it with the remaining 2 oz butter, sprinkle coarsely ground almonds over the base, finely place almond slits in circular pattern and then pour the prepared batter for almond cake.
7. Place in pre-heat oven at 350 degrees F for about 40 mins. till it done completely.
8. After that cool it to room temperature then upside down over the serving platter and serve.
photo source : 1