Preparation time : 50 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This is plain Spanish Cake Recipe, in which ingredients are same as they are used in other cakes the only difference in preparation method. In this recipe egg yolks and whites are added separately at different steps which results in different taste and texture of cake.
2 cup butter (softened)
2 ¼ cup sugar
8 eggs (separated)
4 ½ cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
Pinch of salt
1. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until become thick and well blend.
2. Beat all the egg yolks with the butter mixture for 2-3 mins.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder and then add it gradually to the above mixture.
4. When the batter becomes very thick slowly add milk and mix it well in the batter so that no lumps would be there.
5. When the batter becomes smooth, beat egg whites with salt separately until stiff peaks are formed.
6. Mix the egg whites in the batter, then pour the batter into the greased baking pan and place in preheated oven for 30-40 mins at 350 degrees F until the cake becomes light brown from top and baked well from inside.
photo source : 1