Preparation time: 40 mins. (approx.) | Serves 8 persons
This Flourless Chocolate Torte Recipe is prepared with the topping of delicious chocolate ganache. The cake of this torte is prepared with almond flour instead of flour and thus the cake has a different taste. You can either prepare this chocolate torte in a stack of layers of ganache and cake or simply make a layer of ganache on top of the cake.
10 oz margarine
10 oz sugar
9 eggs (separated)
10 oz semisweet chocolate (shaved or shredded)
10 oz almond flour
For Chocolate Ganache:
8 oz butter
20 oz whole milk
24 oz semisweet chocolate chips
2 oz margarine
1. To prepare the cake, cream together butter, sugar, and egg yolks in a stand mixer bowl at medium speed, then increase the speed after 2 mins. and beat till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
2. After that, add shaved chocolate and almond flour to the batter and mix at low speed until becomes smooth, then increase the speed to medium and beat for just a minute.
3. Now in a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks are formed, it would take around 3 mins. Don’t overbeat the egg whites, otherwise, they get curdle.
4. Add egg whites to the chocolate batter in three portions and you just need to mix them using a spatula after each addition.
5. When the batter mixes evenly, pour it into the greased round baking pan lined with a parchment sheet and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 mins. or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Meanwhile prepare chocolate ganache, for that you need to simmer milk over medium heat below boiling point.
7. Meanwhile melt butter and set aside.
8. Remove the pan from heat, add melted butter to the milk, and mix well, then add chocolate chips and margarine. Lightly stir the chocolate in the pan (or swirl it) just to dip them in the liquid and then leave for 5 mins.
9. After that, gently stir the mixture to mix the chocolate evenly but make sure that you don’t need to whisk or beat the mixture to avoid making air bubbles. Let it stand as it is for 15 mins. to cool.
10. When the cake is done, allow it to cool completely.
11. Transfer the cake to a wire cake platter and then pour the prepared chocolate ganache on top of the cake so that it covers the cake from all around. Place some blackberries on top and then refrigerate for a few mins. to set the frosting.
12. Serve the delicious gluten-free Flourless Chocolate Torte after cutting it into slices.
• In order to make perfect chocolate ganache you may use 3 cups of Coffee Rich instead of milk and butter, and follow the steps as shown above to make the ganache.
• You may also assemble the cake by cutting it into layers and applying ganache frosting on each layer to make a stack and then cover it with ganache in the same way as mentioned in the recipe above.
photo source : 1