Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This Chicken With Creamy Mushroom Sauce is one of a healthy meal for lunch. Its mushroom sauce is prepared with mixed mushrooms, shallots and some aroma of thyme leaves different from the Chicken Lombardy and Chicken Gloria. It is usually served with boiled rice, mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 cup mixed mushrooms (sliced)
2 tbsp shallots (minced)
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp whipping cream
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp lemon zest
Chopped parsley for garnish
Sliced spring onion greens
1. Slice each breast into halves and then pound the sliced chicken pieces with meat mallet just to make them little flat.
2. After that season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and set aside for 5 mins.
3. Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and cook two chicken pieces in it for 5-8 mins. per side.
4. Similarly cook other two chicken slices with the remaining butter and oil, then transfer to platter and cover properly to keep them warm.
5. Now in the same skillet add 1 tbsp of butter and sauté mushrooms and shallots for 3-5 mins. until become soft.
6. Add chicken broth and bring the mixture to boil over medium heat.
7. After that add whipping cream, thyme, lemon zest and the 1 tbsp of butter, stir well to mix and
8. When all the ingredients combine well and sauce gets thick then season with salt and pepper and remove the pan from heat.
9. Pour the prepared mushroom sauce over the cooked chicken breasts and garnish with chopped parsley and spring onion greens.
photo source : 1