Preparation time: 30 mins. | Serves 8 pieces
This KFC Original Chicken Recipe is a secret recipe from the famous KFC restaurant. Though the ingredients used in the recipe may differ from the original recipe the taste is exactly the same as you enjoy eating the famous KFC Fried Chicken.
1 whole chicken with skin (cut into pieces)
3 beaten eggs
½ cup milk
Oil for deep frying
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
4 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chicken powder or poultry seasoning
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp celery salt
1 tsp chives (finely chopped)
1. Combine ingredients of coating except for chives and mix well in a Ziploc bag.
2. Add chives and shake the bag to mix it evenly with the flour mixture.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk and dip chicken pieces in them.
4. Then take out the chicken pieces from the egg mixture and coat them with flour mixture in the bag. Make sure you coat each piece completely with the flour.
5. Heat oil in a wok for deep-frying; add the coated chicken pieces to the preheated oil and fry covered at medium-low heat for 5 mins. then turn the side, cover, and let it fry for 5 mins. more, until chicken becomes crispy golden brown from every side and cooks well from the inside.
6. Take out the fried chicken pieces from the oil and put them onto the paper towel to drain the excess oil. Serve it immediately with fries and ketchup.
photo source : 1