Preparation time : 15 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This spiced pecan salad is prepared with fruits including apples and strawberries hence strawberry vinaigrette is used for dressing. This salad can also be prepared with raspberries in which raspberry vinaigrette is used for dressing.
4-5 lettuce leaves
1/8 cup crumbles blue cheese
2 apples (cut into cubes)
4-5 fresh strawberries
For Spiced Pecans:
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
3 tsp dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
For Strawberry Vinaigrette:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
8 tbsp sugar
8 tbsp vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
8 tbsp strawberry Jam
1. Wash pecan with water.
2. Mix pecans with cayenne and brown sugar.
3. Transfer the mixture on cookie sheet and roast the pecans for 5-10 mins at 400 degrees F.
4. After that take them out from oven and cool to room temperature.
5. To prepare strawberry vinaigrette combine all the ingredients mentioned above to prepare it and make a uniform mixture. This is the dressing of salad.
6. Now in a salad bowl, mix chopped strawberries, spiced pecans, apples and lettuce leaves.
7. Pour the prepared dressing into the mixture and serve after chill.