Preparation time : 50 mins (approx.) | Serves 4 persons
Dolma is a typical Mediterranean food in which some stuffing either veggies or meat with nuts and grains are wrapped with grape or vine leaves. In this Dolmades Recipe minced beef mixture is stuffed in the grape leaves and then cook with particular tomato sauce.
1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz minced beef (leaned)
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp pine nuts (crushed)
1 onion (chopped)
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp tomato purée
Salt to taste
1 tbsp black pepper
8 preserved vine or grape leaves
For Tomato Sauce:
5 oz tomato paste
5 oz beef stock
2 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp salt or to taste
½ tsp crushed red pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan, saute onion for just 1-2 mins. to make it soft.
2. Add in minced beef, ginger and garlic powder and cook till beef gets brown.
3. Now add remaining ingredients for the stuffing including pine nuts, tomato puree, cumin, pepper and salt and allow to cook for 5 mins. keep stirring to avoid burning.
4. In the end remove the pan from heat and mix coriander leaves in the mixture.
5. Take a piece of grape leaf, put prepared stuffing at the wide corner and start wrapping like spring roll. Similarly prepare rest of the Dolmades.
6. Mix tomato sauce ingredients in a bowl.
7. Place all the prepared Dolmades in a saucepan pour the tomato sauce mixture on top and simmer for 15-20 mins.
photo source : 1