Generally the dough for any type of doughnut is same. They just differ in their toppings but here a slightly different recipe of doughnuts is shared. The dough for these doughnuts is prepared by using boiled mash potatoes, plain flour, butter and egg, hence they are quite soft. As shown in the doughnut picture that these donuts can also be served without any topping since it already has lot of sugar. To make these perfect donuts shape you can use donuts cutters or you can use any cutter for to make doughnut hole.
1 cup boiled and mashed potato
4-5 tbspn melted butter
½ cup icing sugar (or to taste)
1 cup plane flour (or as required)
1 ½ tspn baking powder
Oil for deep frying
|Sweet and Natural Baking: Sugar-free, Flavorful Recipes from Mani’s Bakery (Paperback)|
|BlinQ Donut Maker|
|The Donut Book (Paperback)|
|Norpro Nonstick 6 Cavity Donut Pan|
1. Mix egg, butter, sugar, potato and baking powder using egg beater or blender.
2. Put the mixture in a bowl and add plane flour in it and make soft dough and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Divide dough in small pieces. Take one piece and spread using wooden roller (spread until dough becomes 1 cm thick).
4. Using dough cutter cut the dough in pieces.
5. Heat oil in deep pan. On high heat fry the donut pieces and take out on turning brown in color.