This is is one of the most popular and common salty snacks prepared in Pakistan and India. It has very few ingredients and to make perfectly, the dough must be properly kneaded. To prepare this easy snack food at home just follow the exact instructions and you will notice that when when you make crumbs, they will be very soft and light yellow in color. This is usually a tea time snack and I undoubtedly put it in my list of quick and easy snacks
Salt to taste
4-6 tbspn butter (melted) or ghee
Oil for deep frying
|CHEFS Mesh Food Strainer Set|
|Snack Foods Processing (Hardcover)|
|T-Fal FF100100G 2.2-Pound Maxi-Fry Deep Fryer|
2. Now slowly add normal water in it to make dough. Make sure the dough is not so hard and not so soft.
3. Make 4 or 5 pieces of dough. Take one piece and spread using wooden bread roller to give it very thin round shape.
4. Using knife cut the dough in vertical columns (1/2 inch apart) and then cut diagonally (1/2 inches a part) to make rhombus shapes.
5. Using knife carefully take out the pieces on the plate.
6. Heat oil in deep pan. In very hot oil put these pieces on high heat and stir, the pieces will start to rise immediately and when turn into light brown in color take out from the oil.
7. Similarly, do the same with rest of the pieces of dough.