Preparation time: 20 mins. | Serves around 2 dozen
This Potato Bites Recipe is a quick and easy starter recipe full of cheesy potato flavor. Its actual base is the leftover mashed potato but you may also prepare it with plain boiled and mashed potatoes. However, in that case, you need to add some seasoning as well.
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 tbsp flour
2/3 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 scallion (chopped)
3 strips of turkey bacon
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 egg (lightly beaten with ¼ cup water)
1½ cup bread crumbs
Oil for shallow frying
1. Combine mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, scallion, and flour in a mixing bowl and mix well so that all ingredients incorporate well.
2. Cook turkey bacon and then cut it into small pieces.
3. Add turkey bacon to the potato mixture and mix well. If required, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Now make small balls of lemon size, dip each of them in beaten egg, and then coat them with breadcrumbs.
5. Heat oil for shallow frying in a pan, and then fry the prepared balls in batches for 3-5 mins. over medium heat or until turns golden brown in color.
6. Serve the hot potato bites with tartar sauce, ketchup, or any of your favorite dips.
photo source : 1