Preparation time: 20 mins. | Serves 2-4 persons
This Salt and Pepper Fish Recipe is taken from Chinese cuisine and is very simple to prepare at home. You only need to marinate fish with lemon and salt then dip in the egg batter seasoned with Chinese salt and pepper and then fry it in hot oil. You can use your favorite fish fillet but I personally like salmon and mackerel.
1 lb fish fresh fillets (cut into cubes)
1½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp Chinese salt
1 tsp crushed black pepper
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 cup flour
½ cup corn flour
Oil for deep frying
1. Marinate fish cubes with salt and lemon juice and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl beat eggs for 2-3 mins. until egg yolks and whites are well combined and become uniform.
3. Add the remaining ingredients including flour, corn flour, salt, and black pepper to the beaten eggs and make a thick smooth batter. If necessary add some cold water but make sure that the batter would not get too thin.
4. Heat oil in the wok, first dust all the fish cubes with flour, and then dip in the batter. Fry the fish over medium heat for 5-8 mins. until becomes crispy and lightly golden.
5. Serve the hot Salt and Pepper Fish with your favorite dip and fries.
photo source : 1