Preparation time : 3 hrs. | Serves 6-8 persons
This is the spicy beef brisket recipe which is first cooked in water and then baked to make it little crispy from outside. You may add some white vinegar while simmering to give sour taste with salty and spicy flavor. It is served with the boiled veggies and any steak sauce, I personally like spicy steak sauce or salsa with this beef brisket. Beef brisket can be prepared in much lesser time if you cook it simply in oven just like beef roast.
2 kg corned beef brisket
1 pack brisket seasoning
1 medium onion
2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
2 tbsp light brown sugar
6 medium red potatoes
4 carrots (cut into large pieces)
1small cabbage (quartered)
1. Open the packet of brisket seasoning and put in muslin cloth to make a bag.
2. In a large pot put the brisket with seasoning bag, onion and water, quantity of water is enough to cover the brisket. Cook on medium heat until the water starts to boil then reduces the heat to simmer for 2-3 hrs.
3. When the brisket almost become tender, transfer it to the baking dish and marinate with mustard and brown sugar, then bake for 20 mins at moderate temperature.
4. Meanwhile boil vegetables in the same water in which brisket was cooked earlier and cook until veggies become tender and soft.
5. After that serve the hot brisket with boiled veggies in a beautiful serving dish. You can serve it with any steak sauce.
photo source : 1