Preparation time : 90 mins. | Serves 4-6 persons
This coconut beef recipe is one of a beef curry with coconut flavor. It tastes little bit spicy but having delicious flavor just because of coconut. Usually it is served with boiled rice or traditional Indian bread naan.
2 lb beef (medium pieces)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 cup oil
2 cup tomato puree
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
2 tbsp garam masala
3 tsp coriander powder
3 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp ginger
3 tbsp garlic
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp chili powder
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, add in onions and stir till become light golden in color, then add in ginger garlic paste, tomato puree and paste and cook for just a minute to mix well.
2. Then add spices including chili powder, turmeric, coriander and curry powder and cook till oil starts to appear on the surface.
3. Now add beef and cook till it becomes brown in color.
4. After that add 1 cup water (or as required) to tender the beef over low heat. It would require 45-60 mins.
5. When beef cooked completely add coconut milk and flakes along with garam masala, cumin powder, ground black pepper and cinnamon and simmer for 10-15 mins.
6. Delicious beef coconut curry is ready to served with boiled rice or naan.
photo source : 1