This brain masala recipe is one of a famous street food and is usually prepared at Eid-ul-Adha. The taste is too much spicy and sour just like traditional karahi gosht but tastes awesome when served with hot naan or chapati.
1 beef brain (leaned properly i.e. take out veins)
½ cup mustard oil or vegetable oil
1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp finely chopped ginger garlic
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chili powder
2 medium tomatoes
4 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp crushed cumin
1 tsp crushed black pepper
Salt to taste
1 tsp garam masala powder
¼ tsp nutmeg and mace powder
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped green chilies and ginger slices for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion slices and fry till become light golden brown in color.
2. Then add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, red chili powder, salt and turmeric and cook till tomatoes gets soft.
3. Now add whole brain and yogurt, mix well and simmer for 10 mins.
4. After that slightly increase the flame to medium-high and cook gently so that oil starts to separate from the gravy. break brain into small pieces during cooking.
5. Then add crushed cumin, black pepper, garam masala and nutmeg and mace powder and mix well. Sprinkle coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger slices and simmer for 5 mins.
6. delicious brain masala is ready to serve with chapati or naan.
photo source : 1