Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves 6-8 persons
This garlic naan recipe is from Pakistani cuisine where it is specially prepared at parties. It would give great taste if it is cooked in traditional tandoor.
4 cup refined flour
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Salt to taste
2 tsp caster sugar
1 ½ cup milk
2 tbsp yogurt
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
½ cup green garlic (finely chopped)
6 tbsp margarine (softened)
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
2. Mix the dry mixture in oil using your hands so that little soft crumbs would form.
3. Add milk and mix it well in the mixture.
4. Now transfer the dough onto the counter of open surface and slowly add lukewarm water so that soft and smooth dough would form. You will need to knead the dough with approximately 100 strokes and then leave for 15 mins.
5. After that divide the dough into balls of size equals to small orange.
6. In another mixing bowl combine margarine, green garlic and coriander leaves and make smooth paste.
7. Now take a piece of dough and spread it using your hands to make circular flat bread of nearly half inch thickness, make it deep from the center using your finger tips, then apply 1 tbsp of margarine mixture in the center and then place in preheated oven for 4-5 mins. at 400 degrees F. After 5 mins turn off the lower burner and turn on the upper burner or grill of your oven and bake for just 2-3 mins more until become light brown form top. Similarly prepare rest of the naan.
photo source : 1