Preparation time : 75 mins. | Serves 1 medium loaf
This mango bread recipe is best suited for this summer season, it contains not only the flavor of mangoes but also some nuts and raisins which makes this bread yummy. This mango bread is perfect for any tea party idea.
½ cup margarine (softened)
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup sour cream
⅔ cup mashed ripe mangoes
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp lemon rind
¾ cup raisins
½ cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients including baking powder, baking soda and flour.
3. Cream margarine and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
4. Now add remaining ingredients including egg, sour cream, mangoes, sifted dry mixture, lemon rind, raisins and nuts and mix well to make it smooth batter.
5. Put batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 mins. till become golden brown from top and knife inserted comes out clean.
photo source : 1