Preparation time : 50 min. | Serves 1 pound loaf
This recipe for egg bread is usually prepared in a bread machine but I tried this recipe in oven and the result was great. but it takes little more time and effort than the bread machine method. While making bread in the machine you only need to take care of the dough status while kneading. The dough of the bread should be soft and smooth in both the cases to make perfect egg bread. You can also bake it in oven according to the instructions as given in the recipe.
½ cup milk
1 egg (lightly beaten)
2 cup bread flour or all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp sugar
1½ tsp instant yeast
1. If you have a bread machine then put all the ingredients in the machine and set it for light crust. Start the machine and check after 8-10 min to check the dough if it feels quite sticky or hard then add flour or milk respectively otherwise wait until baking cycle ends.
2. If you want to make it in oven then preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Mix flour and margarine together to make soft crumbs then make a well of it on the counter and add egg, yeast, salt and sugar.
4. Gradually slide the flour over the ingredients put into the center and start mixing all together.
5. When all ingredients are incorporate well add milk and start kneading the dough, if necessary add lukewarm water to make soft smooth dough (it would take little more effort than typical pizza dough).
5. Put the dough into the greased loaf pan and bake for 30 min until become light brown from top.
6. Take out the dough from oven or bread machine and let it cool for at least an hour. After that cut the bread into slices and serve with tea.
photo source : 1