Burgers are favorite fast food item in almost all parts of the world and are full of nutrition but eating too many burgers regularly will not do any good for your health. Burger is a quick meal to prepare at home. When making beef burger, slightly more time is required. In order to save my time, I use mince beef instead of beef cut since it makes the task of making beef burger quite easy. Nothing is better than a quick snack that does not take long to prepare!
1/2 kg beef mince
7-8 garlic cloves (chopped)
2 inch garlic piece (chopped)
1 tbspn red chili powder
1 tbspn cumin powder
1 tspn black pepper
1 boiled potato (mashed)
Salt to taste
1/2 tspn garam masla powder (mix spice powder)
2-3 tbspn coriander leaves (chopped)
1 finely chopped onion (optional)
Buns as required
Mayonnaise as required
Salad leaves as required
Oil for shallow fry
1. Boil mince with ginger, garlic, salt and 1 cup water for 20 mins or until mice become tender and all.
2. After water have been dried out and mince became tender, in meat grinder, grind all the mince to make it smooth.
3. Mix mashed potato and all the spices in the minced meat and make patty or large kebabs of circular shape.
4. Shallow fry the kebabs on slow heat. It will take 5-8 mins.
5. Take a bun, cut it horizontally and coat both pieces with mayonnaise. Slightly saute both pieces of buns for just a minute.
6. Now place a salad leave on one piece of bun, put some mayonnaise on it, place the prepared kebab over it and finally cover with the other piece of bun.
I always use to put mayonnaise on the salad leaves so that the burger will not become soggy for at least 3 hours. You can also use different veggies in burger to make it more nutritious.
Delicious beef burger is ready to serve with ketchup or any Cole slaw as snack for children.