Preparation time : 45 mins | Serves 24 pieces
This is one of delicious caramel brownies recipe. The recipe is more or less same as other cake recipes except the preparation of caramel mixture which requires bit cooking. To get more variates of brownies recipes, refer to the book Brownie Points, which contains over 100 brownie recipes including Brownie muffins and cupcakes, Brownie cheesecake, Brownie molasses and many more.
1/3 cup butter
2 tbsp milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped salted cashews
1. Take a large saucepan, combine caramels, butter, and milk on low heat until the caramels are melted. Stirring continuously while cooking so that caramel would not stick to the pan.
2. Remove the pan from heat and add sugar, mix until sugar completely dissolves.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla until become smooth.
4. Mix egg mixture into caramel sauce.
5. Now in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
6. Gradually add the dry mixture into the caramel mixture and mix using flat spatula.
7. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.