Preparation time : 35 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This is eggnog cake is another addition in our Christmas recipes, it is similar to pound cake as cream cheese is used in its preparation. It is either presented as simple sponge cake or you can also make topping to make it attractive for children.
375 gm all-purpose flour
100 gm sugar
3 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tin of eggnog (500 ml)
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup whipped cream
1/2 cup eggnog
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream eggnog, sugar and cream cheese until become smooth.
2. Now add egg and beat again to make a fluffy batter.
3. Mix dry ingredients together including flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. It is better to sift them together.
4. Now gradually mix the dry mixture in the batter by keeping the beater at slow speed.
5. When batter becomes uniform and no lumps would be there then pour it into a greased baking pan and bake for 25 mins. at 350°F.
6. When cake becomes ready take it out from oven and place on wire rack to cool at room temperature.
7. Now make topping of cream and eggnog on the cake and place in fridge for 15 mins. to set. After that make its pieces to serve.