This carrot souffle is one of great seasonal dessert for winter as it is prepared with carrots. In this recipe instead of using chopped carrots you can use carrots paste or puree to give it beautiful pink color.
3 cup carrots (peeled and chopped)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cream
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup margarine (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Boil carrots in water for 8-10 mins until become soft.
3. After that drain out all the boiling water from the carrots and let them cool to room temperature.
4. Now in a large mixing bowl, beat margarine for 2-3 mins. until become creamy.
5. Add eggs one by one and beat after every addition. When the mixture become fluffy add rest of the ingredients including flour, sugar, baking powder, cream and vanilla extract.
6. Fold the carrots in batter using spoon and pour the batter after mixing into a suitable souffle bowl which can be placed in oven easily. bake it for 50-60 mins in preheated oven.
7. After the baking time when its color changes to light golden from top, take out the souffle bowl from oven.