Preparation time : 60 mins. (approx.) | Serves 4-6 persons
This German Plum Cake is one of a famous German cakes and tastes entirely different from other fruit cakes. The batter of this cake is slightly denser and is prepared with extra topping of butter crumbs having cinnamon flavor which makes its look like a crisp food.
4 oz unsalted butter
2 ¼ oz sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sour cream
Pinch of salt
1 tsp lemon zest
6 oz flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 cup plums (pitted and sliced into thin wedges)
For Streusel Topping:
6 tbsp butter
2½ oz flour
2½ oz sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. When gets fluffy and light add in egg and vanilla and beat again till egg incorporates well with the mixture.
3. Now add sour cream, flour, baking powder and lemon zest to the mixture and mix well. The batter would be too thick compare to other cake batters.
4. Take a round grease baking pan and spread the prepared batter onto the pan, arrange plum wedges in circular pattern over the batter and set aside.
5. To prepare Streusel topping, beat butter and sugar until become creamy add in flour and cinnamon and mix them well then sprinkle it onto the plum wedges.
6. Place the pan in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for about 30-45 mins. till become light golden from top but bottom would not get too much brown.
7. Yummy German Plum Cake is ready to serve after cooling it to room temperature.
photo source : 1