Preparation time : 70 mins. (approx.) | Serves 6-8 persons
This Moist Lemon Cake Recipe is entirely different from other moist cake recipes. In this particular recipe instant pudding mix is used, which adds delicious flavor to the cake. You can also replace the first eight ingredients of this recipe by readymade lemon cake mix to save your time. It also yields the same result.
2 cup sugar
1½ cup flour
1½ cup cake flour
½ cup milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter (frozen)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 small box lemon instant pudding mix
1/3 cup oil
1 cup whole milk
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
Juice of one lemon
1. In a food processor bowl add first eight ingredients and give pulses just to mix them like crumbs.
2. In a stand mixer bowl combine the crumbs mixture, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk and lemon juice and beat at medium speed just to make smooth batter. If you feel that batter is too thick then you can add milk to make its consistency like normal cake batter.
3. Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 50-55 mins. until knife inserted comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile prepare frosting for the cake, combine sugar and lemon juice and mix them well, then slowly add milk using teaspoon to make fine smooth thick glaze.
5. When the cake is done take it out from oven and cool it to room temperature. Just before serving drizzle the prepared lemon glaze on top and serve after cutting it into slices. Don’t pour glaze when the cake is hot, the frosting will be start melting.
photo source : 1