This swirled cheesecake is prepared with pumpkin and caramel sauce flavor and would be the wonderful cake recipe for Christmas entirely different from normal pumpkin cheesecake recipe. Though it takes a lot more time for preparation but once in a year may not be annoying especially for moms. You may also prepare it one day before.
1½ cup gingersnap cookies
1½ cups toasted pecans
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (melted)
32 oz cream cheese
1 2/3 cup sugar
1½ cup canned solid pack pumpkin
9 tbsp whipping cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground allspice
4 large eggs
4 tbsp caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Process cookies, pecans and sugar in a food processor and make fine ground mixture.
3. Mix the cookie mixture with butte. When mixture gets crumbs like texture transfer it to the springform pan and press it tightly to make crust layer then place it in fridge to set.
4. Now prepare filling for the cheesecake, in a mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar till become fluffy and light.
5. Take out ¾ cup of the cream cheese mixture in another bowl cover properly and refrigerate it for topping.
6. Now in the remaining batter add pumpkin, 4 tbsp whipping cream, ground cinnamon and ground allspice and beat again so that all ingredients incorporate well.
7. After that add eggs one by one and beat after each addition. When batter gets foamy texture pour it over the prepared crust and bake in preheated oven for 70-80 min till become light brown from top.
8. Then take it out from oven, loosen the edges and let it cool in fridge for overnight but don’t forget to cover it tightly
9. Now combine reserve cream cheese batter with remaining whipping cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
10. Pour cream cheese mixture over cheesecake and spread it evenly using spatula. Drizzle caramel sauce over cream cheese mixture and swirl it into the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for further 15-30 min for topping to set and then serve.
photo source : 1