This orange cake is prepared with more or less same method as other cakes like carrot cake, marble cake, etc. The only difference in flavor, and the glaze prepared for this orange cake enhances its looks and flavor for those who want some rich cake. For more easy to make eye-catching cake designs, refer to the book 50 Easy Party Cakes.
1 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
2 1/2 cups caster sugar
5 large eggs
2 tbspn orange zest (remove all the white parts)
3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
1 cup orange juice
Glaze for Orange Cake
2 tbspn orange juice
2 tspn orange zest
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven at 350 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy and smooth.
3. Add sugar and beat again so that both mix together and make affine paste.
4. In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients including, sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Now add eggs one by one into the batter so that every egg mixes well in the mixture.
6. When the mixture become fluffy, gradually add dry mixture and just mix it in the batter using spatula or keeping beater speed slow.
7. After that add orange juice and orange zest in the batter and mix using spatula only.
8. Take a suitable baking pan and scrap it using butter and then dust it with flour. Pour all the batter into the pan so that 1/3 surface should be empty. Place the pan in oven to bake for 60-70 min or until the cake become ready. You can check it by inserting tooth pick or knife if it comes clean then the cake is ready.
9. When the cake has been done cover it and let it cool to room temperature.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients so that a smooth paste would form.
2. Place it at room temperature and use for orange cake topping.