This macaroni casserole contains all the basic flavors of sweet, salty and spicy, this recipe is mainly prepared with South Asian spices as it contains chicken tikka masala which gives it traditional taste but you may adjust it according to your taste i.e instead of using chili garlic sauce you can use only tomato ketchup to reduce the spicy flavor. But when these ingredients mentioned below combine together result in best flavor for this macaroni casserole.
1 pack macaroni (boiled)
250 gm boneless chicken (cut into strips)
1 cup cabbage (julienne)
1 cup capsicums (julienne)
1/2 cup carrote (julienne)
1/2 cup spring onions (only green parts chopped)
1 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
3 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chicken tikka powder (optional)
1 tbsp chicken powder
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1. Take a deep frying pan and saute garlic for just a minute in olive oil.
2. Add chicken strips and chicken tikka powder into the fried garlic and fry until become dry and white in color.
3. Now add vegetables to the chicken and fry on high heat for just 5 mins.
4. After that add all the sauces and spices including chili garlic sauce, tomato paste, red chili, black pepper, white pepper, salt, chicken powder, worcestershire sauce and sugar. Mix all of them together on high flame for 8-10 mins until the veggies become dry.
5. Now turn off the flame and mix boiled macaroni into the chicken and vegetable mixture.
6. Take wide and deep casserole dish and put all the macaroni mixture in it, spread shredded cheese on top and place on preheat oven for just 5 mins at 400 degrees F so that cheese melts and become light golden in color. (Turn on only upper grill flame of oven to bake)