Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 8 persons
This chicken stroganoff recipe is inspired from Russian cuisine, it is usually prepared from beef but it can be cooked with chicken or shrimp to add some variety of the stroganoff recipes. In the picture the whole chicken breasts pieces are used while in the recipe small cubes are used which give better result. You can adjust the level of seasoning in the sauce according to your taste.
1 tsp ground sage
1 tsp dried thyme (crushed)
2 tbsp all purpose flour
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion (minced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
¼ cup green pepper (minced)
1 cup mushrooms (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp parsley (minced)
¼ cup butter (melted)
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup beef bouillon
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp hot sauce
¾ cup sour cream
Hot cooked noodles
1. Marinate chicken cubes with flour, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook marinated chicken at medium heat until become light brown in color.
3. Sauté onion, garlic, green pepper, mushrooms and parsley in butter for just 2-3 min at high heat.
4. Add flour and stir well to cook for 1-2 min until pleasant roasted smell starts to come.
5. Now slowly add bouillon and cook over medium heat, stir the mixture constantly so that lumps of flour may not form.
6. When sauce gets thick add seasoning of salt, pepper, and hot sauce along with cooked chicken cubes and simmer for 10-15 min.
7. Spread the noodles onto the serving dish and pour the hot prepared chicken stroganoff over the noodles and serve immediately.
photo source : 1