Preparation time : 40 mins. (approx.) | Serves 2 persons
This Chicken Paella is a complete healthy meal which contains all the necessary nutrients from grains to meat. You can make changes to the recipe by adding vegetables of your choice.
4 chicken legs
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp paprika
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp soya sauce
¼ tsp salt
½ cup smoked sausage (sliced diagonally)
1 large onion (thinly sliced)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
½ tsp turmeric
1 cup short grain rice
1½ cup chicken stock
1 medium red capsicum (cut into strips)
½ cup green beans (cut lengthwise)
½ cup green peas
Salt to taste
1 tsp paprika
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 prawns (peeled and deveined)
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add chicken legs with garlic, salt, paprika and soya sauce and stir well. Then reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 10-15 mins. until chicken turns into golden brown color.
2. After that remove the chicken from the pan and add prawns to the same oil to cook for just 2-3 mins. until turn into pink color.
2. In another deep pan, heat oil and fry sausages for just 1 min. till become brown in color then take them out from the pan.
3. In the same oil, saute onion and garlic for just 1 min. then add turmeric, paprika, salt and black pepper and cook for 1-2 mins.
4. Add rice, capsicum, peas and green beans to the mixture and cook until all the ingredients combine well.
5. Now add stock and bring the mixture to boil, then add cooked chicken and sausages to the rice mixture, turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 mins. or until rice is done.
6. Then turn the heat off add prawns to the rice immediately and cover the pan so that steam would remain inside.
7. After 5 mins. serve immediately the hot and delicious chicken paella.
You can always use recipes this this one as a part of your fitness diet plan because these mainly consists of healthy and highly nutritious ingredients.
photo source : 1